Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Smooth Operator

Originally posted Friday, August 03, 2007


Smooth Operator
Current mood: giggly

I went to Caribou this morning... it’s a Friday morning ritual... 3 of us take turns in the office... today was my day.

Ok.. only two drinks today, one girl is not coming in I’m so on top of things I think to myself.

“Hi yeah, I’d like a Moosed Iced Chai, and a Northern LIghts cooler also Moosed, both large please.”

The nice young man repeats my order correctly, gives me my total and ends his sentence with the ever familiar “at your first window”

Huh.. there is only ONE window, he must be still half asleep, he should drink some of what he’s selling!

There were a few cars in front of me so I decide I should use my time wisely and made a call to the auto repair shop to try to set up an appointment for my poor little bug.

Yep...I’m doin’ good this morning... effecient!

It’s finally my turn, and I pull up hand the young man my card, he smiles and asks “Do you need a receipt?”

“Nope! I’m good thanks”

Suppressing a laugh and averting his eyes to the side he grabs the cooler and hands it to me.

“I think that’s a cooler, do you want to taste it to make sure?”

Thinking that’s a little odd because I actually ordered a cooler I obliged and said “Yep, that’s a cooler.”

“ahhh ok, I’m sorry” and he reaches for the drink back

“Huh?”

“Well, you ordered a hot drink right?”

“No, I ordered the Cooler and a Iced Chai”

“Oh!, I’m sorry just a second I’ll get that” he replied again, suppressing a laugh.

somebody must have told a good joke in there or is teasing him I think as I wait much more patiently than the stuffy business man behind me seems to be doing.

A couple of minutes later, another nice young man comes to the window bearing my Iced Chai, and hands it to me with cheeks slightly red and trying unsuccessfully to hide his smirk

What in the world is going on in there? Oh well at least they are having fun while they are at work!I think as I drive off.

I get to work drinks in hand, set them down and start to settle in... I reach up to take my sunglasses off, and then it all becomes very very clear.

 Image Hosting


This is what they were laughing at.

Yep, I’m so “together” this morning I was wearing TWO pairs of sunglasses as I confidently placed my order at Caribou.

No comments: