Tuesday, April 22, 2008

You don't need to change a thing about you babe, from where I sit you're one of a kind.

I don't know.

I don't know the answer to your question.

I don't even know the answer to mine.

But I do know that when I look at life as a destination, an end, a "I'm supposed to be here at this point in my life, and this point at another point" I am utterly disappointed.

I find it strange that I have to keep reminding myself that life is a journey, it's not a destination.

I know it's not.

But then I forget...

The perfect job will not make me happier.
The perfect weight/body image will not make me happier (I've been bigger than I am and smaller than I am and have never been completely satisfied)
The perfect relationship will not make me happier.

There is not a point in life that you can just sit and not move forward. There will never be a time where something won't come up that you have to "deal" with. There will never be a time where I have everything I'm supposed to and life will be magically easy.

Life is about living, not existing.

It's about the moments...all of them.

If you are constantly wishing it was different, you're constantly missing out on what's right in front of you.

I'm exactly where I'm "supposed" to be.
I can't make more time than I have, and the time that I have I refuse to wish I was doing something else with.

It's strange how just that way of thinking can change how I feel about myself and life itself. Peaceful, content, happy.

Here's hoping you find yourself living whatever moment you're in.

2 comments:

Phil said...

Hi Linda-

I think The Beatles said it well, "Nowhere you can be that isn't where you're meant to be."

Have a good evening.

-jon

Nixie said...

I love the Beatles... my sisters and I listened to them all of the time... but that's probably another post...bittersweet actually.