Thursday, November 05, 2009

Free Spirits and the Undies Vs. Mean Old Lady

Originally posted: Monday, November 12, 2007

Free Spirits and the Undies Vs. Mean Old Lady
Current mood: silly

Cyd, her sistercousin and I had a great afternoon, that actually blended into the evening Sat.

We were just hanging out.. looking for undies and other girlie unmentionables while we were ambushed by the Mean Old Lady... possesor of the Bitchy Old Soul.... Hunter of Laughter and Killer of Free Spirits.

sounds dangerous I know... grab your blankies and read on fearless readers!!!

Cyd was on the phone with a friend, Reese was looking at something else and I was left to my own devices.. (maybe not a good thing) when I found these slipper boots that made me giggle.

I love things that make me giggle by just looking at them (that might explain some of my past dates.. ahem)

Anyway they were these really fuzzy furry slippers that came in pink, hot pink and cream.. and I thought they were hilarious, and wondered how many muppets had to die to make each pair.. so I promptly decided Cyd would have the answer... put them on and hopped over to where she was. (I had to hop because they were hooked together.. that’s for you boys that might not know that much about slipper shopping)

Well as I was hopping I was of course giggling which in turn made Cyd start to giggle, and then she saw the reason for my hopping which made her giggle even more, which of course (yep you guessed it) made me giggle more...and we all know how quiet my laugh is.. NOT

I hopped back to the muppet slipper display and saw that directly behind it was a table of undies. Well they happened to have stars on them the same color as my muppet slippers so I thought it would look really cute together. I put the undies on over my jeans and the muppet slippers and hopped back to Cyd, which produced more laughter.

This laughter alerted Mean Old Lady and sent her on the hunt to kill the source...
She came at us like a heat seeking missle and in her very best condescending voice exlaimed “You cannot do that out here! You need to stop it!”

I looked at her with a straight face and said “ok... I’m sorry”

Promptly took the panties off, while Cyd and I giggled some more, and decided to purchase the panites and muppet boots so we started digging through the pile looking for our sizes. We were bantering back and forth, she was relaying what just happened to us to her friend on the phone, which made us giggle even more at the stupidity of the situation.

Well.. I can only imagine our laughter was piercing the ear drums of Mean Old Lady because once again she made a bee line for us.

“I asked you not to do that out here!”

“Yes, you asked us once and we stopped. Now we are just laughing.” I said aggravated at this point.

“Well, the reason is, is that it stretches out the elastic.”

I looked up at her with the straightest face I could put on and said “Did you just call me FAT?!?!?”

Which of course sent Cyd into peels of laughter, and my straight face directly out the window.

Mean Old Lady tried to regain some control of the situation “I AM NOT finding this as funny as you girls are!”

Straight face back on... “OBVIOUSLY!”

Mean Old Lady recognized her bitchy old soul no match for our free spirits and walked away.

Free Spirits 1 Mean Old Lady 0

No comments: