Friday, July 22, 2005

Whas a madder U?



Ok... Guys.... what the hell is up?

A week ago friday I took my little girl to a parade here in Hicksville. I met a friend of mine at her friends house since they live only two houses down from the parade route.. no parking issues, no hassle... PERFECT!

If this were a movie: Insert Psycho Movie Soundtrack here

We get ready for the parade, I chase my daughter, we wait, I chase my daughter, we watch the parade, I chase my daughter... etc.

Now, this guy who's house we met at is married has kids, has been longtime friend of friends... he strikes me as a little "off" to which I attribute to the consumption of alcohol. He stares at my daughter and myself a little too intensely for my liking, and is trying to hard to get our attention. He seemed nice enough and hey.. ya gotta face it.. there are some strange people out here in Hicksville. We stayed for maybe 30mins after the parade was done, and headed home. He insisted on carrying boo to the car, which was ok, cuz we were walking with My girlfriend and her husband and they were talking. No big deal.

Boo and I drive home. She's crying cuz she's overtired and sees a puppy and thinks it's hers and that I should stop and bring it into the car, and I keep driving, which seems to be the way to turn the volume to max for her shrieks of "MY PUPPY" "MINE" "MAMA NO" "MY PUPPY"

We get home, put her to bed and forget about the people I met, because really I don't plan on seeing them again unless they happen to be around my friend, who I don't see outside of work as much as I'd like to anyway.

As I drove home from work yesterday, I noticed a guy sitting in the parking lot of the movie theatre facing the road, watching the traffic, but reading... must be waiting for someone...

I picked up the boo from daycare, fed her, played with her, gave her a timeout for throwing a book at me, played some more and the babysitter arrived. My little girl greeted her with the warmest shrieks of "MAMA NO" I've ever heard! Really, I know it just had to melt Anna's heart. I went to a parenting class that was being offered by my daycare person ( I know you all can breathe a sigh of relief now) and returned home 2 hours later, paid my sitter and started to work on my project. I was just getting into it when I heard a knock at the door. Must be Anna.

I got up, felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up and something told me to look through the peep hole. I thought I recognized the guy fromt the apartment building, so I cracked the door open, and made sure to block it with my foot. (I know, I know, that's how to get a broken foot, but hey, I live in Hicksville, not downtown NY or anything)

"Hey uh...I uh....just...... Are you moving this weekend?" He slurred

"um.......no?" I was completely puzzled as to how he new I was moving, and where the hell did I know this guy from?

"Oh. Well... I just thought I'd offer to help"

With the puzzled look on my facel I replied in all my wisdom... "uh.....oooook....no thank you"

And he walked away.

As the door clicked shut, my memory clicked on and I realized it was the guy from the parade.

How the hell did he know where I lived?
How the hell did he know my last name?
What the hell is he doing at my apartment 15mins after I got home?

I got the shivers, and called my friend.

'L?"

"yeah?"

"it's Linda, I think P was just at my apartment"

"Are you shitting me?"

"No."

"Well, I wasn't going to tell you this, but... I talked to him the other day and he said I wasn't allowed to bring you to his house anymore, and I asked why, if something had happend. He said no, that he was extremely attracted to you and couldn't stop thinking about you."

"What the F?" NICE!....He has a wife and kids, what a freak! Um... he is harmless right?"

"Well he's been a little off lately, drinking more, but acting a little different, but I never thought in a million years he would do anything like this either"

All right I think.. no biggy, he's drunk, people drunk dial after all.. this is just a little more "aggressive"...
and before I can finish my thought she says...

"I was wondering what he was doing at the parking lot reading in his truck"

My heart started to beat a tad faster and I thought.. ok that was 5 HOURS ago... she then tells me his wife and kids are out of town this weekend.

Now, I didn't really freak about the whole thing, but I made sure my windows and doors were locked and every stupid little sound that night made me question if it was him. It didn't help matters any that I've been reading a suspense novel about a woman who was almost raped by a man she met in passing. The mental images that book created kept flashing through my mind, but with P as the stalker/rapist dude. And I got mad.

I mean really... I didn't do anything to make him think I was the least bit interested number one, but for him to track down who I was and where I lived and to watch me leave work, and to show up at my apartment drunk...

Mad.. mad, mad, mad! Every noise I heard pissed me off...

This is not the first guy that has fallen into the "over the line" or into "stalkerish" behavior... I don't get it, but one things for sure... I am not about to be a victim or let assholes like this intimidate me.

He better not stop by again.

2 comments:

Scotty said...

Whew.... good thing you didn't notice MY car in the other parking lot... I was wearing a Groucho nose and glasses so you wouldn't recognize me.

Seriously, tho, that is serious shit, Linda!! have you alerted the Police? Might not be a bad idea.

Scotty

Peggy said...

9 1 1