Thursday, July 28, 2005

Ex's Schmexes......


All right... I'm going there.

I have been separated from my husband for just about a year.. and emotionally way longer than that.
ANYWHO... not the topic of conversation.

What I want to know is...
Why do guys not get it when it's over? Why do they start doing the things they should've been doing all along and think that the woman they've pissed off so much should (and will) suddenly have a change of heart and forget everything said asshole has ever done? I'm not talking about the things it takes to really fix a relationship, I'm talking about superficial things like sending flowers and stuff. Do they really think we aren't smart enough to realize that this is shit for "show".

And the real kicker is... why do they think that the women is a bitch if she doesn't accept the "peace offerings"? I mean after all... if he wasn't such an asshole there wouldn't be a need for peace offerings to begin with. Plus most of the women I know put up with way more shit than they ever should, for way longer than they ever should. (Orley you are so excluded from this.. Ms. Backbone)

I know part of it has to do with the woman allowing the guy to treat her a certain way, but shit.. after she's realized what an asshole he is, and said no more... why is that this type of guy just doens't get it?

And if anyone knows how to get the neon on sign off my head that says "all weirdos, jerks, assholes, stalkers, psychos I want you" please, please for goddess sake do it!

2 comments:

Scotty said...

Well, Linda, not being an asshole myself, I have no personal point of reference on "Guy Assholes..." heh... however, I think it has something to do with the physiology of being "Male."

Men need to "win the prize." Many men will stop trying after the trophy is on the shelf, so to speak. That manifests itself in many different ways - they get fat, they stop asking you out on dates, they revert into assholes in some cases.

Once an asshole, always an asshole, unless he goes through some paradigm shift in life.

Then, when the woman finally kicks his sorry ass out, he goes and gets all the pussy he can until he realizes how bad he *looks* for having "his" woman kick his sorry ass out. So he has to start trying to win her back - and this generally takes on a pretty superfiscial aire - flowers, candy, a night at the movies.

If the woman is stoopid enough to take him back under that guise, she deserves him. Conversely, if the guy is really serious about changing his life and winning back the affection of his former mate, he will make a long-term shift in his behavior. He will compromise and become vulnerable to her, and allow her the time necessary to SEE that his words are backed by deeds and actions. And this process can take a long time. Rebuilding trust is a monumental task.

If he isn't about the business of rebuilding and making ammends, then he is a fake, and hoping you are easily duped by his artiface.

An asshole dumped should remain an asshole dumped.

Cheers!
~Scotty

Nixie said...

Really? I don't see the good dudes? Hmm....well dahlin you're going to have point them out for me! :-D

Pictures.... next time I'm there I will show you how... a lot of them I make in photoshop, others I find and modify...

LOVING YOU!