Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Making a Home


I want a "Home".

I don't want a mansion, a log cabin or even a pent house. I definitely no longer want to live in an apartment.

I'm not asking for much, I mean all the extras would be awesome, but at this point I want the basics (mostly because I can't afford much, so I'm taking a shot at reality here) I want a 2 bedroom house, with a decent roof, no plumbing issues..Basically "livable" with a yard, or a porch, or something where I can sit outside and play with my boo. Or at least to step out my front door and breath in some life, I have a tendency to feel a little claustrophobic (sp?) without direct access to outside.

My issue is.. I'm a single mom, and I'm making a decent wage, yet not able to afford "the basics" without sentencing myself and my boo to eating ramen noodles for the rest of our lives... and that really pisses me off! So what? I have to work extra hours to be able to have a home that because I'm working extra hours I'll never get to spend much time in, and worse spend LESS time with my boo? NO WAY!

Am I asking too much then? Or maybe as a friend pointed out, I talked to the wrong mortgage person? I can't believe they would be that different in the results, but maybe they are... I will shop around. But from what I hear, it's not looking good.

I also know that I should be grateful I have a roof over my head at all. But what's wrong with wanting more? Or is this what happens? The people that never end up owning a home, maybe started out wanting to, but realized that it was out of their reach and said screw it... I mean I know no one wants to live on the streets, no one chooses that life. So what separates them from me? I buy a house I can't afford and get in over my head, and lose it, and don't have enough cash to get an apartment and... and ... ( I know that's taking it a little far ) maybe that's it? It's fear. Or is it that some people actually stop trying when they are told they can't, and others say "Oh yeah? WATCH ME!"

I think I'll choose the "Watch me!" option and see what happens.. there has to be a way.
The "way" however is probably not by getting caught blogging during work and getting fired....

Later!

No comments: