Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I want to know

I want to know

I'm sure most of you have met people in your life that you are inexplicably drawn to. More than "Damn he's S-E-X-Y!" I'm talkng about that person(s) that you see soul to soul vs. eye to eye.

And to clarify... I'm not talking soulmate.

I'm talking platonic or not, love, and love that's mostly at first sight. You feel this person before you ever actually touch. (And not in the "love sex, touchy way...or in some cases yes in the love sex, touchy way.. ) but in the begining... the very begining moments in the come here fellow traveler, let me hold you for a while on this ride life, you rest, I'll do the driving right now. And in some instances you may be the driver, the passenger, or both (the latter being my favorite) but it always seems to be what you need.. what you ache for.. what you are screaming out in silence over and over for in your dreams... familiarity on some level, yet complete newness.

And throughout MY life... it seems these people are only around for a short while... months, years, never decades. I have had a lot of GREAT friendships, but I have not had very many long time friendships. I sometimes wish that I had a friend that has been by me since the first grade or something crazy like that, and then I realize I wouldn't have grown as much as I have, I think I would have gotten comfortable and not done much of anything. Or then again maybe I'm just never satisfied. Anyway sidetracking here....

I have a friend that is moving right now, she's going to another state. I met her through work, it was her first job in the field, and kudos to her, she is not settling for comfortability, rather striving for more, looking for a better job in what she does. The company we work for is great, good benefits, and there is job security... the position is does not allow for the creativity she holds...so onward and upward....
She is one of those people tho... she ROCKS! And I hope, that we will stay in touch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kudos to YOU, my dear friend Linda. I am so sorry I haven't taken the time to read this sooner. Thank you for your sincere words and for your true heart. You WILL not be forgotten by me, and I intend (as i hope you do too) to keep in touch with you because of all the laughter, tears and openness we shared in such a really short time of knowing one another. :0) you ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Kudos to YOU, my dear friend Linda. I am so sorry I haven't taken the time to read this sooner. Thank you for your sincere words and for your true heart. You WILL not be forgotten by me, and I intend (as i hope you do too) to keep in touch with you because of all the laughter, tears and openness we shared in such a really short time of knowing one another. :0) you ROCK!

Nixie said...

Miss MARY MAC!!!!
Did ya get the job? Huh? HuH? DId ya? Did Ya? :-D

HUGS!
MISSING YOU!!!!