Monday, August 22, 2005

Take care of U



I have something precious in my life.
Actually I have quite a few precious things in my life... and in my opinion I am richer than Bill Gates.

I was dumb this last weekend, and in my enthusiasm and determination to try to be the best I can at every moment, I ended up being the worst.

On Saturday I was ready to play for the day... ready to try new bits, to take advantage of every opportunity that came my way. If someone asked me to do something I did it, instead of doing what my body was asking me to do.... drink water, and eat.
Well, we all know how that works.....
I ended up making myself sick, from the heat, and no love to the bod.....

It started with a headache so bad, I felt like my teeth were pulsing... I made my way backstage, and was met with support and concern of many people, to which I immediately felt like a fool... I KNEW BETTER, I just didn't act on it... I kept saying to myself... "I'll get there, I'll eat in a minute, get water in a minute...." So from headache to dizziness to nausea... the games began. And my friends were on my side.

David, Ken, Ernesto, Mykl, SS guys, YOU ROCK! Sorry if I was rude to the SS guys, but really, I didn't want to/need to be hauled accross the site in a cab... I was embarrassed enough already! I know you were just trying to do your job, and I was being a snot... or stubborn, or whatever you want to call it, but I do thank you.

David, the rumors flying yet? I'm going wreck them now... sorry... :-P
You have know idea how much you staying by my side meant... not that I was scared of being alone... but just a soft place to lay my head, and and even softer voice to tell me stories until I was better.... it's something I will never forget. "Security Bucket!"

I was overwhelmed with the love, caring and support of all of my friends... and yes... even the harsh "I'm so furious with you right now, I can't even speak" said through a shakey voice while your eyes spoke volumes, sticks in my head, and I know that you are my best/true friend.
Orley I have great love and respect for you, you are one of the strongest most amazing people I have ever met... you love hard, (get your minds outta the gutter boys) you are the best friend a person could ask for. And I am grateful for the day you appeared in my life, I know we've said it before, but what DID we do before we were friends? :-P I love you.

The yell of "LINDA!" as you opend the door and the light spilled in the room of the dark recesses known as J's trailer...made me cringe just a little, but smile even more... you heard, and came to my rescue! Yelled at me to drink every 5 minutes...Marian you ROCK! You always take care of me... and I love you too.. I love how you can alwas seem to make me laugh no matter what.

Ms. Peggy... "I see you baby... shakin' dat ass..." Not only checking on me Saturday but hunting me down on Sunday to make sure I've eaten and drank...well... thank you! You are too cool for words, and you too my dear are funny as hell! I'm glad I've gotten to know you better this last year!

I really don't mean to be so damn sappy... but the amount of caring and people that asked how I was, made me realize how freaking rich I really am, and I feel like I need to show some gratitude... it's the LEAST I can do.

Plus it's also very easy to focus on what we don't have in our lives and not notice what we do have.

I got home Sunday night and was met at the new apt. door with shrieks of "MOMMY! MOMMY!" as my boo's face completely lit up, and she jumped about 2 feet towards me, but wasn't moving fast enough so took off at a full run towards me and jumped into my arms saying "I lau you mommy!" tipped her head back to give me a kiss looked at me and said "mommy you duerty... face duerty... shurt duerty... ooh no, oh pants duerty... uh... oooohhh... feet duerty...mama showder...'mon mama... showder"

Hmmmm... even my two year old takes better care of me than I do!

1 comment:

Peggy said...

When I said, "I got your back"! I meant it.....and will from here on out! When I am your friend, I am TRULY your friend.. and THAT is that....