Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Furniture Finds & Failures & the odd msg from interested man....

So...
I moved.

Sold my old furniture and bought new, and it's taking a while to get used to the new stuff, but I'm sure it will be lovely!

Question.

Have you ever bought something and then not wanted it anymore? But still kept it anyway because of the "Minnesota Nice" or just the "Awwwww. *uck it" attitude hits?

So.. I LOVE Craigslist. I have sold things there, spent some time laughing my ass off at the "Best of Lists" and recently just bought something off of there... a futon. Yes, folks there wasn't even a picture listed, but I called the guy he described it and I said I'd take it! I just needed to find transportation on account of my beloved VW Beetle ownership.

Now I'm not sure if it can be classified as an impulse buy because I have been wanting to purchase one for a while for my new "office" at my new apt. but I'm thinking that since I didn't even bother to look at it... it must be falling somewhere close to this category.

(SIDE NOTE: Dude that asked me out is just calling now....hmmmm... not going to answer... will update if he leaves a msg.)

I agreed to purchase said futon last Friday. Futon owner called last night to see when I was picking it up. Now, the girl I was going to borrow the truck from has broken it, so I started to think all right forget it.. I'll call the guy and say I'm going to pass on the futon. Then my consience kicked in and the words "you'll take it? OK! I'll remove the post from Craigslist right now!" rang loudly in my head.

SHIT! That would not be cool....

So I answered, explained I don't have a way to transport it, and he offered to deliver it for $20 bucks. Fair price.. I live in hicksville after all.

(SIDE NOTE UPDATE: Msg: "Hi Linda this is D....Just calling to see if you had a good day, and I'm looking forward to seeing you soon.")

So I'm getting mysterious, unseen futon delivered to my door around 6:30pm... hope it hasn't been peed on or anything. Hmmm.. now that I'm thinking of things like that... hope it hasn't been slept on by "Mr./Ms. Super Sexy Player" and has enough DNA on it to populate a small town... like... well, hicksville or anything... EWWWWWW!

Can you clean futon mattresses?

I'll have to drink on that one... I mean, THINK on that one.

Awwwww *UCK IT!

1 comment:

Scotty said...

Lots and lots of Febreeze.