Monday, August 29, 2005

Jump with or without the Parachute?



I wonder if guys think about first dates at all.
Well, past the thought of if they're going to "get some" or not anyway.

I think girls might just think about first dates way too much!

This question comes up because I was asked out by someone neither myself or my friends know at all.
Out of the blue, this very attractive man saw me, sought me out and asked very politely if he could call.

Now first dates can go either way, and there is usually some nervous tension even if you've known the person through other friends or talked to each other a few times before hand. But in situations like this, there are a few more random thoughts that pop into a girls head.
Like in my head at this moment:
Wow, that was intense... was it too intense? But damn he's cute!
He's called twice in 24 hours.... does he have issues? (He likes me... he really likes me) (OMG I think I puked a little)
I wonder if he always does this? (See's someone and zeroes in on them this strongly)
Wow.. I'm thinking about this way too much....do I have issues? :-P


OR

Am I too apprehensive?
If this was earlier in my dating life I would be ecstatic... I would be lost in his eyes, and the thought of such a strong connection.. the intensity of the moment we met.... Ahhh... the romance

BLEH!

Having been disillusioned, or perhaps brought into reality by a few previous experiences, here I sit...too much time on my hands and I think.

Then there's the whole "safety" issue... driving and meeting him there so I'm not in the car alone with him, cuz really... I DON'T KNOW HIM. And lets face it, I seem to meet some pretty off the wall people..it's the vibe. But all in all it's a good vibe, my life has been an interesting ride so far, and I'd hate to lose that.

So, if I were a guy.. (guys feel free to input your thoughts) I would be thinking nothing more of his cute little ass.
No, that's not fair... the whole Basic Instinct thing is out there isn't it? And most guys I've met usually have one psycho stalker chic story to share... so I guess it 's a dating thing then.

I'll stop thinking and jump.. in my cute little dress that I'll wear for the date, I'll jump without my parachute.. cuz after all... that's how I like to do things!... um.... at least I think I do..!?!?

1 comment:

Peggy said...

WOW, you do THINK alot..!!