Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Free Fallin'

My first weekend back from my vacation, stressing a bit about money, about boo starting kindergarten this fall, about boo lying and acting out by hitting her friends when she’s angry...something I’d expect from a 2 year old but not an almost 5 year old... (wondering where I dropped the ball?). Stressing about things that I need to get done to move forward in my life to stop stressing about money... just to stop stressing.....I was a bit on overload, on the verge of feeling overwhelmed, that there’s just not enough time to get everything done. A little like the scene in a thriller where the girl has fallen on the edge of a cliff and she’s hanging on by some small straggle of a root that somehow as tiny as it is, has enough strength to keep her from plunging to her death.

Thankful for my little root...the tiny things in life, that keep me holding on... even letting go, to see where the free fall takes me....